Smoke Pen Test Kit
This Smoke Pen provides a continuous stream of dense, non-toxic white smoke perfect for leak-tests and air-flow studies. The Smoke Pen works like a mechanical pencil-simply adjust the patented smoke-emitting wick to provide 10mm of exposed length, then light the wick with a match or lighter. Provides a continuous trail of non-toxic white smoke until extinguished by replacing the protective cover. The unused portion of the wick stores safely in the barrel of the pen. The reusable Smoke Pen comes with one wick, providing a total of 30 mins of continuous smoke or about 60 individual 30-second tests.
The thin, dense stream of smoke reacts to the smallest of drafts. The smoke is cool and non-toxic smoke is perfect for finding air leaks around ducting, exhaust hoods and laboratory equipment. Also ideal for air balancing, verifying ventilation systems, testing smoke alarms, and verifying negative or positive air pressure.
- Straight, pencil-thin smoke pattern allows you to locate draughts and leaks and gauge their strength
- Easy to use - works like a mechanical pencil to adjust the wick
- Compact - fits into a pocket for multiple reuse
- Ducting and cabinet testing, Extraction Arm flow testing, Smoke Alarm tests, Air-tightness Tests
How to Use the Smoke Pen
- Remove the soft black cap from the end of the pen.
- Place the wick in the pen by pressing the chrome button on the end of the pen to open the jaws.
- Adjust to allow approximately 10mm of exposed wick.
- Light the tip of the wick and allow it to burn for 10-15 seconds, blow out the flame. The pen will provide a stable and continuous stream of smoke.
- Extinguish the wick by simply replacing the soft plastic cap over the wick end of the pen.
To re-use, simply adjust the length of the wick and follow the steps as described above. The smoke pen has a long shelf life when stored in a cool dry location.