Extraction for Nail, Hair and Beauty Salons
Fume and Dust Extractor Units for Nail and Hair Salons
We offer a range of fume and dust extraction systems designed especially with hair and nail salons in mind. Our range of units protects salon owners, employees and clients against the dangers of inhaling harmful fumes or dust.
Dust from Nail Filing, Grinding, Acrylic Nails and fumes from Solvents such as Acetone, Ethyl Methacrylate and other Ketones, Hair Smoothing treatments and Bleaching treatments can cause damage to the lungs or can result in health conditions such as occupational asthma.
Typical Hazardous Chemicals Used and Potential Health Risks:
- Acetone, (Nail Polish remover): Headaches, dizziness, irritated eyes, nose and skin.
- Acetonitrile (Fingernail glue remover): irritated nose and throat, breathing problems, nausea, vomiting, weakness and exhaustion.
- Butyl acetate (nail polish, nail polish remover): headaches and irritated eyes, skin, nose, mouth and throat.
- Cyanoacrylate (nail glue and eyelash adhesion): irritated eyes, skin and throat, difficulty breathing, coughing, asthma-like attacks, and wheezing and allergic reactions.
- Ethyl Acetate (nail polish, nail polish remover, fingernail glue): irritated eyes, skin, nose, mouth and throat. High levels can cause fainting.
- Ethyl methacrylate (EMA) (artificial nail liquid): asthma, irritated eyes, skin, nose and mouth. High levels can affect concentration. Exposure while pregnant can affect your child.
- Isopropyl acetate (nail polish, nail polish remover) sleepiness, irritation to eyes, skin, nose, mouth and throat
- Methacrylic acid (nail primer): skin burns and irritated eyes, skin, nose, mouth and throat. At higher concentrations this chemical can cause difficulty breathing.
- Methyl methacrylate (MMA) (artificial nail products though banned for use in many countries) asthma, irritated eyes, skin, nose and mouth, difficulty concentrating, loss of smell.
- Quaternary ammonium compounds (disinfectants): irritated skin and nose and may cause asthma.
- Toluene, Formaldehyde and Dibutyl phthalate (nail polish, fingernail glue, nail hardener): Sometimes referred to as the “toxic three”. Headaches, dizziness, numbness, irritation to eyes, nose, throat and lungs, damage to kidneys, livers, asthma-like attacks, wheezing, allergic reactions and harm to unborn children during pregnancy.
Vodex offers mobile solutions for all the applications listed and can provide salons with nail dust and fume extraction systems, tabletop dust extraction systems, hair smoothing treatment extractors, nail salon extraction tables and spray tanning filtration booths.
If you need any advice on which extractor best suits your application or have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call us today.