Insert Downdraft Tables or ‘Pods’ are designed to give operator protection while allowing complete, easy and open access to the working area. Harmful fumes and vapours are drawn downward through the stainless steel work surface to the units ﬁlters. Clean air is then re-circulated back into the laboratory (working area). The IDT Downflow pods insert into an existing work surface, turning almost any solid work surface into an extraction table. The unit sits almost flush with the existing surface and prevents valuable work space being taken up by bench top extraction cabinets. There is no need for expensive and intrusive ducting to be installed as the unit filters and recirculates the extracted air.
The units are compact and simple to install. The IDT’s are a filtered extraction table with a wide choice of activated carbon and HEPA filter types available they are suitable for many different laboratory, industrial and forensic applications, especially for those chemicals that are heavier than air and want to fall downwards. The safety alarm will alert the operator if the face velocity falls below 0.3m/s.
The Vodex insert down flow pods comply with the HSE and COSHH requirements for controlling airborne contaminants in the work place.
- Open Working Area
- Low Flow Safety Alarm
- Pre-HEPA and a wide range of carbon ﬁlters are available to suit most laboratory applications.
- There is no need for expensive ducting to be installed due to the units recirculatory airﬂow.
- The inset design ﬁts ﬂush in to an existing bench top. Ideal to save space or use when a freestanding bench is not suitable.
- The epoxy coated Zintec carcass and stainless-steel worktop also allows for easy cleaning. The work surfaces will not rust or corrode when in contact with water and chemicals.
- 14-month LEV – HSE Compliant
- Main Filter of your Choice – Carbon and/or HEPA
Some installation is required.